Google+ Bree Bronson's Babies: Rise and shine

Monday, January 14, 2013

Rise and shine

I mentioned that I'm not a morning person. This is something that's been bugging me forever and will most probably bug me for the rest of my life. And I hate it. I totally envy people who wake up at 5 AM because they "didn't want to sleep anymore" and do all the housework before they go to work at 8 AM. Or why can't I at least be like Husband who falls asleep in the evening before his head hits the pillow and is able to wake up in the morning at a somewhat reasonable time?

I'm just hopeless. It takes me at least an hour to fall asleep in the evening and at least equally long to wake up in the morning. And yes, I've tried going to bed earlier. I won't fall asleep at all if I go to bed when I'm not yet tired enough. I've also tried forcing myself up early in the morning. I did that for almost a year because I wanted to see whether it's possible for me to change my inner clock. It wasn't. I forced myself to work to 7 AM every day and tried to go to bed earlier in the evening. I couldn't get any sleep in the evening and every week by Thursday I was so tired I felt like I was drunk. On weekends all I did was sleep. I've tried quitting coffee, eating/not eating different things in the evening and different excercise methods. By now I believe that I was born this way and I will die this way.

Luckily I'm not alone. Mother and my grandmother are exactly like me on this one. Mother will rarely get up before 10 AM and will definitely not go to bed before midnight. And the one who thinks old people get up and go to bed early should see my 80+ years old grandma. I never call her before noon because she hasn't gotten out of bed yet. Late in the evening is just fine. And the fourth generation of lousy sleepers is on its way: Daughter sings "twinkle twinkle little star" in her cot at least for half an hour every evening before falling asleep and will sleep considerably longer every morning than Son. Poor girl, mommy is so sorry about this.

I guess I'm grumpy about this just because I clearly wasn't around when the sleeping fairy visited. Or is there a magic trick for us who haven't had a good night sleep since 2007?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you say it, I'll hear you.