Google+ Bree Bronson's Babies: Handy Housewife makes guacamole

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Handy Housewife makes guacamole

I adore guacamole. I don't mean any of that stuff you can buy from a store in a can but real guacamole rich in avocados, lime, onion and tomatoes. Avocado is otherwise also something I love so I buy some often. The only problem is that they're often raw in the store so I have to find a way to ripen them.

I once heard a hint that a good way to ripen an avocado is to put it in the oven (power off naturally) for a couple of days. I decided to try. It's just that I forgot the darn avocado when I started baking a pie the next day. It was way too late when I started wondering what's in the way as I tried to put the pie in the oven.

The mess? Astronomic. Guacamole? Don't even think about it. The pie? Didn't turn out to be any good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you say it, I'll hear you.