Google+ Bree Bronson's Babies: The sophisticated laugh

Friday, November 23, 2012

The sophisticated laugh

Photo: homersimpson.es
 I've always been a friend of sarcastic and a bit twisted humor. I'm laughing my butt off when watching The Office or United States of Tara. Not so much when Mr. Bean comes along. Quentin Tarantino's movies have always made me laugh big time in the middle of all the slaughtering. Rob Schneider - not so much. I've always thought that my humor is somehow...adult.

But now. The kids have changed this too. I guess I have to create the comedy in my life from where I can in the middle of all dirty nappies and food-throwing but quite often I find myself thinking "seriously, am I laughing at this?". And yes, I am. I'm worse than Bart Simpson. I have the funniest time when Daughter tries to wipe her butt (she can't, her arms are still too short). I'm biting my toung when Son rushes to the toilet shouting "I have fart in my butt!!". And in the evening when the kids are asleep we have a huge laugh at all this with Husband.

I've also noticed that my humor is nowadays sometimes a bit ill-willing. I'm amused when I should be greatly compassionate. When Son tried to flatter a girl three times his age (seriously) and the girl just suddenly left. When Daughter is hugely angry at something that doesn't go as planned and lectures her Duplos. And I try my best to keep a serious face in front of the kids.

I don't know if it's just me and whether my humor will recover. Or is there a comedy rehab I should visit? Just in case? So the kids won't end up being ashamed of me when they start liking Tarantino and the Coen brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you say it, I'll hear you.